The Transport & Logistics industry generates around 14.5% of Australia's GDP providing more than 1,000,000 jobs. This industry is the first to be squeezed when companies are looking to cut costs. The truth is that there is very little fat in the transport industry in Australia. So how can you be more efficient without increasing operational costs?
Sonar Technologies has been generating solutions aimed at the Transport & Logistics industry for almost two decades. Any company with a fleet of vehicles, and even those that outsource their transport requirements to 3rd parties, can anticipate savings of 10% and more through greater fleet utilization and route optimization. Sonar’s Trans Send solution lets you address all of your greatest business challenges - plan optimal routes and manage multiple deliveries, increase driver accountability with GPS, and analyze reporting to optimize your entire operation.
It's features include:
- Job booking module
- Permanent Pickup generation
- Pickup Runs dispatch module
- Integrated resource management and tracking system
- Automatic, semi-automatic or manual job allocation
- Jobs sent electronically to the driver’s Mobile Data Terminal (MDT)
- Receive proof of service confirmation in real-time
- Route Optimization incorporated in the Scheduling Module
- Run restructuring
- Delivery and Fleet planning
- First & Second wave deliveries
- Freight delivery bookings
- Barcode & RFID scanning
- Interfaces to legacy systems
Although the system is highly configurable by a User, Sonar offers additional customisation to provide an exact fit for your business. Modules Include:
- Web Booking Module
- Customer Account Management
- Customisable Timeline Views
- Auto Job Generation
- Run Management & Planning Manager
- Route Optimization and Auto-scheduling
- Visual Dispatch linked to Map Dispatch
- Resource and Vehicle Management – inc. GPS Tracking
- Configurable Rules Engine for Auto allocation
- Customizable Reporting Module
- Customer access to web reporting and job tracking
- OH&S and Driver Safety Compliance
- Mobile device real time communications
- Direct interfaces to any back end system
- Integrates with Sonar's Trans-D (Dock, Yard) & Line Haul Management System
- Integrates to sortation system via Soanr’s LARS application
- Workflow automation through mobile devices
- Elimination of errors through removal of paper
- Barcode/RFID tracking
- Proof of delivery
- Track and Trace
- Automated job generation and dispatching
- Option to run manual, semi-auto or full auto-allocation allows dispatchers to progressively build confidence
- Real time visibility of resources and assets
- Vehicle Tracking
- Easy run management with flexible re-planning as business grows
- Fast calculation of day to day fleet requirements allows planning of changes to the fleet size
- OH&S & vehicle checks increases safety
- Reporting – real time visibility of productivity and profitability
- System is fully scalable and can handle small to very large fleets.
In the past run management was a time consuming task requiring local knowledge and paper maps and a great deal of trial and error. Sonar’s run management can take historical deliveries and using sophisticated tools can quickly arrive as a solution. This can be saved and more data used to see other solutions before selecting the preferred solution. Runs can be planned automatically or by using geofences. The improvement in hardware power and more intelligent algorithms has transformed this area, what used to take days is now done in minutes.
Driver Login & Real Time Alerts
Have a hard time organising your jobs when a driver changes vehicle?
Our software links each driver to the device instead of the vehicle, allowing them to freely exit and enter any vehicle. How it works:
- Logins and passwords keep data secure
- Pre-start checks increase the safety of driver and vehicle
- If the driver is out of coverage the dispatcher is aware
- All work is displayed for the driver
- Easily assign jobs to workers with intuitive drag and drop functionality
- Status updates provide real-time tracking
- As the shift nears the end the dispatcher is presented with an overview of outstanding work and having the system updating automatically removes a large part of their workload leaving them free to manage the exceptions. As the shift nears the end the dispatcher is presented with an overview of outstanding work and having the system updating automatically removes a large part of their workload leaving them free to manage the exceptions.
Customisable Reporting Module
Although user customised reporting is available using the Operations Manager, Sonar also can provide customised reports to present data in a preferred format.
With driver safety a high priority for Transport companies the use of Telematics is providing both the driver and the company with feedback to improve situations. Coupling the controller to the CAN bus either directly or through a sleeve provides accurate information on the vehicle’s statistics. GPS tracking is also integrated as are video cameras. This information can provide input to driver training as well as increasing the driver’s safety in real-time.
- Air Freight
- Road Freight
- Sea Freight
- Car Carrying
- Emergency Services
- Smart Logistics/smart bus
- And many more!